What information do we collect?
What is personal data?
Data we collect from you
The Register may collect, process and use your personal data (including your name, postal address, email address, telephone number, mobile number and technical data including your login data, browser type and version, time zone setting and location, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform and other technology on the devices you use to access this Website (“Technical Data”).
We collect this data in a number of ways, including through:
- Direct interactions. You may give us your identity, and contact details] by filling in forms or by corresponding with us by post, phone, email or otherwise. This includes personal data you provide when you:
- create an account on our Website;
- subscribe to our headlines-by-email service;
- subscribe to our publications;
- request marketing to be sent to you;
- enter a competition, promotion or survey; or
- give us some feedback.
How we use your personal data
We will only use your personal data when the law allows us to. Most commonly, we will use your personal data in the following circumstances:
- Where we need to perform the contract we are about to enter into or have entered into with you.
- Where it is necessary for our legitimate interests (or those of a third party) and your interests and fundamental rights do not override those interests.
- Where we need to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation.
Disclosure of your personal data
Depending on how and why you provide us with your personal data. We may share it in the following ways:
- if required to do so by law or if we believe that such action is necessary to protect and defend the rights, property or personal safety of the Website or its visitors.
- if we have first obtained your consent to do so, The Register may share your information with our trusted partners so that they can provide information to you about products and services that may interest you by email. If at any time you do not wish us to share your information in this way, then you can opt out any time by contacting us or changing the settings in your account.
- With our service providers. We will use third party service providers to undertake processing operations on our behalf, and this may require us to share your personal data with them. These service providers provide us with a variety of administrative, statistical, and technical services. We will only provide service providers with the minimum amount of personal data they need to fulfil the services we request, and we stipulate that they protect this information and do not use it for any other purpose. We take these relationships seriously and oblige all of our data processors to sign contracts with us that clearly set out their commitment to respecting individual rights, and their commitments to assisting us to help you exercise your rights as a data subject. For example, if you use a credit or debit card to make a payment to us, we will send your details to PayPal, who we employ to do our online payment processing. The Register will not keep your card details, other than the type of card used. However, details may be stored by our payment providers (i.e. PayPal) for the purposes of processing further payments you have instructed us to collect.
- For more informations,contact us at : firstname.lastname@example.org